Friday, April 11, 2008

Weekend Goals: the "I Stink" Edition

So since last week when I predetermined my goals for this weekend, I've already botched two of them. Well, one is my fault and the other is the fault of Mother Nature. I've been trying to plant herbs for WEEKS now but we keep getting rogue days where the overnight low is close to freezing, and some daintier herbs, like basil, don't appreciate such low temperatures. Yesterday and today it is 80 degrees and beautiful outside, but then next Monday - Wednesday will have overnight lows in the 30's. Damn it. I'm considering buying the herbs anyway and just bringing them inside overnight on those days, but I don't know if I want to chance it.

Also, I'm an idiot, and I forgot that to volunteer on weekends at the Humane Society I have to sign up by noon on Thursday. I realized this at 2pm on Thursday. So I guess I won't be making my triumphant return there until next week. Boo. But I did sign up to make a monthly recurring donation to them last week, so I don't feel too awful about myself.

Susan and I are considering blowing this joint after lunch and either A. drinking wine on my roof or B. going shopping, depending on how long the upcoming rain holds off. Yay. Also, I'm pumped to make tasty kabobs tonight. So the weekend's looking good already.

Weekend Goals:
  • Go to the gym at least once, but hopefully twice. This fat isn't going to burn itself.
  • Cooking: kabobs tonight, ravioli tomorrow, and enchiladas Sunday. Also, I'm going to try out a chocolate bundt cake recipe on Sunday at some point. I've never made a bundt cake before, so it should be exciting.
  • Hit the By Design warehouse sale. We got our pretty new kitchen table at the warehouse sale a few months ago for an amazing price...and I'm looking to get a buffet cabinet of some sort.
  • Runs to the grocery store, Target, and Home Depot (it's high time to get this whole screen door situation under control. And possibly the tile flooring for the balcony as well)
  • Boat maintenance.
  • House cleaning: kitchen, bathroom, windows, mopping...boooooo.
  • Possible run to Borders...I have a gift card and I haven't been there in forever
  • Reading
  • Attempt to stay away from the mall. Even though I just mentioned the possibility of going today. Also, that's where the aforementioned Borders is. I suck.

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

MissJordyPants said...

What good goals you have!

Happy productive weekend!