Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Adventures

I am happy to say that I accomplished everything on my list for this weekend, except for the helping Blake with his boat stuff because he didn't feel like doing that, so we will likely move that to next weekend.

I had one of the best mall trips of all time because I actually made more than I spent. I stopped by Banana Republic with my receipts from the past two weeks to check for price adjustments and lucky me, all of their sale merchandise is an extra 20% off now, so I got $78 back! Again, I'd like to remind everyone that it is important to save receipts and check for adjustments if you happen to be in the mall within 14 days after your original purchase. That just about made my weekend.

I wanted to go back to cooking this weekend, and I decided that I needed a fancy parmesean cheese grater/lemon zester. I went to Sur la Table and got this little number. I LOVE it. I have used it for almost every meal this week. I got what is technically the zester size, but it still works with the parmesean cheese and it makes me want to grate cheese and/or zest on everything. I have used it for every meal since I got it. It is amazing.

And I cooked this tasty vegetable lasagne; one of my favorites, but Blake hates it because it has no meat and is full of vegetables. He is like a small child sometimes. The recipe is from cooking light and I had it with a spinach salad and some crusty italian bread dipped in olive oil and herbs. Delish. I make it with the no-boil noodles because it's way easier.

I get to go back to yoga tonight! This is a wonderful day.

No comments: