Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hi from home!

It's my vacation. Yay! I've been doing a lot of relaxing the past few days and it's been good. I've also been eating a lot of bagels because, well, you just can't beat the bagels in the greater NYC area. And I don't get to be here that much.


Saturday, we left the house around 7am to head up to PA. The cats were terrified. I mean really really scared. They had the entire trunk to run around in, their food and litter box and bed were in there, and they both sat on top of one of their carriers, staring at us the whole way. Wylie cried nonstop for the first hour. Norman was really quiet and we figured he was just being good, but it turns out he was scared out of his mind. They were both dong that thing where they looked exhausted but just as soon as they'd allow their eyes to close they would jerk them open and continue staring at us. And then, the last hour and a half of our drive, there was awful rain, like the kind where people are pulled to the side of the road. We had our hazard lights on and were going really slowly. And the sound of the rain on the trunk must have pushed poor Norman over the edge because when we went to get them out of the car (which they did NOT want to do), we found that he had done number 1 and number 2 right where he was sitting rather than in the litterbox that was three inches to his right. Fabulous. Here's a view of them from where we were sitting. The poor things.


They were scared at first in Blake's parents' basement, but by the time I left there Sunday morning, they were loving it. They have a lot more places to explore there, so they're having fun. And Blake is spending a lot of time with them. So it's a vacation for the kitties as well.


When I got to NJ Sunday, my sister was still around. She was supposed to go back to Baltimore Monday morning, but then decided to call out of work Monday and skip her evening class and didn't leave until about 7 last night. Why? Because we were playing Rock Band basically nonstop. Good times. Yesterday I also made a batch of Friendship Bread, went to the awesome shoe store (but didn't find anything...boo), and hit up Best Buy. They did not have Mario Kart in stock but they did have one set up to try and I played a bit and it was awesome. I'm starting to get seriously pissed that I can't find it to buy anywhere. Jackie's going to check the Target by her apartment in Baltimore this week at some point.


That's really about it. This morning I did some Wii Fit for about 45 minutes and made some breakfast while watching the Price is Right, and now I'm going to head to the gym. My mom's new neighborhood has a clubhouse with a gym, so that's good. When she gets home from work we're going to go to The Grove and do some shopping (unfortunate thing about the new house: it takes less than 3 minutes to get to The Grove from here. I see a lot of shopping in my future).


I may go into NYC tomorrow to amuse myself. And Blake's coming to NJ Thursday for the big July 3rd parties. Yay.


I wish I didn't have a job and I could just do whatever I want all the time.

No comments: