The theme of my life last night was "Botch." First, when I left the office, it was a complete downpour, and the wind was so strong that I couldn't use an umbrella and I almost got blown away. Because of this, I did a quick calculation in my head and walked directly home instead of to the gym. The thought of walking to the gym and getting soaked only to work out and then have to somehow get my soaking wet clothing home was unappealing. And man, did I get soaked. Of course it stopped raining entirely about 30 minutes after I got home.
In lieu of my gym routine, I used the workout mode on my Dance Dance Revolution for 30 minutes. I'm actually slightly improving at the game. Yay. However, now I have to get my lazy ass to the gym today, tomorrow, and Sunday to meet my 5-day quota for the week. Boo.
After botching the gym, I botched dinner. I marinated some chicken in salad dressing and was planning to steam some veggies and make baked sweet potatoes. The chicken had been defrosting in the fridge since Monday, so I assumed it would be fully defrosted. Try again. After cooking it for a seriously long time, the larger piece was still cold inside. Blake was mad, so I gave him my piece, which was smaller and fully cooked. So I was chicken-less. Then, my first experience with baking sweet potatoes failed because apparently it takes a ridiculously long time to bake them. I had them in for 45 minutes, and they were almost inedible. I will be "baking" them via microwave from now on. I put mine in the microwave for a few minutes to finish up and then ate most of it. However, my lack of protein due to the chicken debacle made me starving about an hour later, so I had a bowl of cereal. Not great. Blake did say that the fully cooked chicken was very good, so I guess that's a plus?
I was of course in a horrible mood after the dinner botching, so Blake cleaned up for me. Yay. Then, because he was mocked by the Wii Fit the other day, he decided to actually use it last night and I had a pretty good time watching him. I also watched some TV and read some of this month's Shape. This helped the mood slightly.
It's Friday! Yay! I don't have a whole lot of plans this weekend, other than the aforementioned gym activity. I also desperately need a pedicure, there's a huge sale at Crate & Barrel that I want to stop in on, and we're bringing the kitties to the vet for their annual check up tomorrow. I may also get to the lake at some point. Tim's making some noise about playing Rock Band, so perhaps we'll have some kind of video game shindig. Who knows. Have a good weekend, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment