Monday, July 14, 2008

weekend activities

This was the first weekend in months that I had completely to myself with no set plans in place. And it was glorious. Friday night after Blake and I grilled some dinner, Tim came over and we played a lot of Rock Band. Tim is on guitar at about the level I'm at on drums, so it was really fun. Blake sang a bit. Good times.

Saturday we went to a vet appointment with the kitties at 7am. So we were a bit tired all day. Although we handle "tired" differently. I was lazy, and Blake did a bunch of housework. I went to Target, the Farmer's Market, and the grocery store, and then hit the gym, napped and sat around. Blake cleaned everything he could get his hands on (except for the bathroom, which I had to do Sunday. Boo). Then Scotty came over and we played some Wii, and then me and Scotty went to Howl at the Moon to meet up with Carrie and some other people. Blake, due to his lack of napping, went to bed. Howl at the Moon is a fun dueling piano bar that just opened. It was really good times.

Yesterday I decided to not deal with the gym (maybe because I was out until 2am Saturday night? I wasn't hung over though, I only had three beers). I did all of my required housework and stopped at Best Buy to check on the Mario Kart situation (a no-go). Then Tim, Scotty, and Carrie came over and we went to the lake. We did some floating around for a bit and then Blake, Carrie, and Tim skiied. And then it started to storm. Which sucked. Mostly for Blake, who had to cover up the boat in the pouring rain. We all went back to my place and I made some pizzas (the Teeter now carries frozen dough. My life is complete). We also played more Rock Band and watched the first episode of the new season of Big Brother. Good times.

After Tim left, I put the Rock Band back in its bag for the week. It takes up too much space to be set up all the time, so we've decided to make it a weekend-only activity.

And I'm about to suck it up and pay above retail for Mario Kart because I'm getting super tired of trying to find it. I'm giving Best Buy one more chance (tomorrow, when I go to get the first Track Pack for Rock Band) and then I'm ordering it from Amazon.com.

No comments: