This was another fun weekend, although I continued to botch my healthy living goals. I'm getting back on the wagon this week. Friday we saw The Dark Knight with some people and it was really good. I was a little out of the loop however because I never saw Batman Begins and apparently this one took up where that one left off and had some of the same characters and whatnot. Oh well. I will never understand Maggie Gyllenhaal as the female lead though. She didn't really look the part.
Saturday we did all of our chores and errands and I hit the mall because I had 20% off at BR for the weekend. I got a few shirts. Also, I went to Best Buy and got the Track Pack for Rock Band. We went to dinner with Bill and Tim and then Tim came over for a Rock Band Party. Some of the new songs were really hard. But it was fun. I need to improve my skills so that I can play on the hard setting next time.
Yesterday we spent most of the day out on the lake and it was glorious. It was a really nice day and it involved a lot of swimming and a tasty lunch at Rusty Rudder. And I only got a little bit pink from when I was in the water. Susan and AT were not so lucky. They got owned. When we got home we were exhausted, so we watched TV and I made cereal for dinner.
I have a shitload of work to get through in the next two weeks, and I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to get done...I'm going to have to do a better job of focusing. This morning we had a "branding" workshop, which means they gave us new t-shirts and fed us a bunch of BS about how great it is to work here (all of it was lies). But, I'm not really above lying to get other experienced people to work here, because I can make a quick $7k if I do. Which would more than make up for my shitty raise.
Well, I have a lot to do before I leave for New Orleans in two weeks (boooooooo) so I'd better get at it while I'm feeling moderately productive. Hope you all have a lovely Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment