So I'm back from my 'vacation' in NJ, and it was lovely to not have to work and to see my family and all of my friends from home, but now it's back to the grind. I'm horribly off of my at-home routine right now because before I went to NJ for a week, I was in WV for two. And the problem with traveling, whether it is for work or for fun, is that while I'm never completely sedentary, I'm not as active as when I'm on my regular routine. Also, I eat with reckless abandon. And hotel gyms are really really bad.
So I'm home for 4 weeks straight before I have to go back to New Orleans (kill me), and I'm going to dedicate myself to losing 5 pounds before I go. I would like to hit up my Wii Fit at least once a day, and get in 5 additional cardio and 4 additional lifting sessions each week. Also, I'm going to watch what I eat by bringing lunch to work 4 out of 5 days each week and making healthy dinners every night (I'm going to try really hard to not consider cereal or egg and cheese sandwiches healthy).
This morning I got up early and did a 30 minute cardio/yoga session on the Fit. After work today, I'm going to hit the gym for about 45 minutes of cardio and 25 minutes of lifting. And then when I get home, I'm going to open up my birthday food processor and give spinach and pine nut pesto sauce a go. I'm going to serve it over some store bought roasted chicken tortellini (and I bought the small, 2.5 serving package so that I don't feel compelled to make and split one of the family size boxes with Blake). I'm pretty pumped about the food processor. I'm going to eventually use it to hide all sorts of vegetables in various sauces so that Blake won't know he's eating them. Yay!
Since I weigh myself every day for my daily body test on the Fit, I'll update when I actually lose some weight. I feel that a month is more than enough time to lose 5 pounds, so as long as I don't get lazy it shouldn't be a problem. I'm counting on you all to keep me on track! I'll update with details about my adventures in pesto sauce tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment