So last night, when I left the office, the sky was staring at me as if to say "that's right. I'm gong to pour all over you as soon as you go to walk home from the gym later. Seriously. Try me." So I really did not want to go to the gym. But I did anyway. I promised to be hardcore for 4 weeks and I'm a huge loser if I can't get through even one week without crapping out on my routine.
I did 45 minutes on an elliptical and then a 25 minute lower-body strength training session. And when I left, it was of course raining. Fortunately, it held out on the monsoon-style thunderstorm until I had already arrived home.
I made a delicious vegetable fried rice last night. Blake's had chicken in it as well. It was super fast and easy to make, and Blake really liked it, so I'll definitely do it again. Plus, it was a great way to get in 3-4 servings of veggies. You know what's cool? Canned water chestnuts. They added a lovely crunch to my meal.
I had an awesome "conversation" with my Wii Fit last night when I turned it on to log my gym activity for the day. Sometimes the walking balance board gives you tips and asks questions and such. Blake hasn't been using it recently, so yesterday morning, it merely remarked "hey, I haven't seen Blake lately" and left it at that. Lats night it said "How would you say Blake's posture looks lately?" And I clicked on the response "The same." And then he said "Change is always better, don't you think? Maybe you're not paying enough attention to Blake. Did you know that eye contact is key in owner-dog relationships?" Yes, a video game just laid a major burn on my boyfriend. And I laughed. A lot. He was less than pleased when I told him about it.
I'm back to my normal routine today. Homemade lunch in the office, gym after work, making dinner, watching TV. Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken (using my new pan of course), baked sweet potatoes, and steamed veggies.
It's almost Friday. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hahahaha I just giggled in my cubicle at the thought of the Wii hating on Blake. That's awesome.
You know what rocks about living in LA. It doesn't rain here. Ever. (hence the fires and whatnot, but at least I don't get caught in monsoon season!)
In other news, I was out with some girlfriends and I reminisced about college days... mostly Andre nights and Mad Dog Days. :-)
Post a Comment