So I'm normally awesome at taking my birth control pills at exactly the same time every day. I can accomplish this because I have a daily alarm set on my cell phone to go off at 7pm. However, apparently the oldness of my phone has made it retarded...I realized yesterday that I couldn't remember it going off for the past few days and I whipped out my pills and realized I'd missed 3 days. Awesome. This, right here, is why I will never have sex without a minimum of two birth control methods before I'm married.
So if I had the internet in my house I would have done some research on what to do in this situation. But I didn't. So I just took two pills last night instead of one, like I do when I only miss one day. And then this morning, I took two more. I was planning on then taking two tomorrow and it all being worked out again. But then my stomach started hurting. Kind of like the cramps I used to get before I went on the pill. My time of the month was a week ago, so clearly my body is confused by this new development. I looked online, and apparently if you've missed one or two pills, you can take two in one day (but not at the same time), but if you've missed three you're just supposed to throw out your pack and start new. It's a new pack anyway, so I'll just pick up tomorrow taking one pill at a time. But my god, does my stomach hurt. It's time to leave work early and lay on my couch for the rest of the day now.
The point of this post is this: you should never depend on only one type of birth control unless you would be relatively ok with getting pregnant. And I'm ordering a new cell phone immediately. Also, I should have internet access in my house.
Side note: Blake told me if I was pregnant, he wouldn't pay me child support because it was my fault. I informed him that that's not really how it works, and that I would be bleeding him dry for the rest of his life. We have such a positive relationship sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am the most ridiculous person on the planet when it comes to birth control. 2-3 methods plus pregnancy tests coming out the wazoo. The other day, when I thought I was pregnant (this happens monthly) I thought "how am I going to tell my parents!?" Then I remembered that I am a grown up and I don't have to tell them anything.
Post a Comment