Tuesday, July 29, 2008

concert and other assorted things

Last night, Scotty and I went to see Maroon 5 and Counting Crows. I got the tickets during a $10 lawn seat promotion ($10 = $22.50 with fees, but still pretty good). I really went to see Maroon 5, and I was happy that they went on before Counting Crows because I wanted to see their whole set. We stuck around for about 45 minutes of Counting Crows and I guess they have a new CD out, because we recognized zero songs that they played during that time, so we left. There was some lightning in the sky and I didn't want to sit in traffic to get home. But Maroon 5 was good; they played for over an hour and did a lot of good songs. Definitely worth the $45 I paid for two tickets. Normally you can't even get one ticket for that price.

That was pretty much my whole day yesterday. I went to work, I left early so I could get in 45 minutes of cardio at the gym before the concert, I ate some cereal, and I headed to Scotty's. I got to meet his puppy, Tank, and he was very cute. He's a lab/st. bernard mix, so he'll be pretty huge soon.

Today, Susan and I are grabbing lunch at Thai Taste (amazing) with Kristin, so that will be fun. I'm hitting the gym after work for some cardio and strength training, and then I will make my triumphant return to cooking (I've been totally lazy lately and making Blake do most of the work in that department). I'm going to marinate and grill some chicken, make some rice, and steam some veggies. Nothing really fancy. I also bought some turkey breast cutlets at the grocery store this weekend, so I'm going to make those tomorrow. Should be a nice change from my steady diet of chicken breasts and turkey dogs.

I got my new phone yesterday. It's purple. Yay! I'm presently emailing all of the important pictures from my old phone to myself and then I'm going to set up the new one. It should be good. I haven't had a new phone in like two and a half years. But when the alarm feature on my existing phone went on the fritz, I figured it was time.

That's about it. Today will be filled with productivity (hopefully) and a struggle to stay awake, because the concert caused me to go to sleep about 90 minutes later than usual last night. Boo.

No comments: