I had a pretty good weekend, but I didn't get everything done that I wanted to. I may have been a bit too ambitious when planning this one. But I have to leave for New Orleans this Sunday, so for the next 3-4 weeks, I won't be getting home until 9pm Friday night and then I'll be flying out again at 8pm Sunday, so I won't really even have weekends. Intense job hatred shall ensue.
Friday I left work at lunch because I hate it here. Susan picked me up (because she's a manager and therefore has a shitload of vacation time, she no longer comes in on summer Fridays) and we went to Thai Taste which was delicious. It's sad that it's so far away from the office now (it was super close to the old office) because it is just SO GOOD. I think we're going to meet Kristin there this week at some point because she's on a client over on that side of town.
Friday night, we went to a housewarming party for two associates who just bought a house together. I find it a bit weird that two young dudes would buy a house together, but I guess it's a good investment, because people in this office seem to do it all the time. It was much fun, but we left early-ish (midnight) so that we could get to the lake early Saturday.
Saturday we hit the lake in the morning and it was drizzling the whole time Blake skied. So we went to Rusty Rudder for lunch, and by the time we left there it was sunny. It was also 3pm and we all had a ton of shit to do, so we headed home. Blake found out that Bowflex Selecttech dumbbells now come in a 90-pound version on Friday and promptly decided that the 52-pound ones I got him two years ago would no longer suffice. So he put his old ones on Craigslist Friday afternoon and got about 100 hits on them. A guy came to pick them up Saturday afternoon. They cost $450 new and he sold them for $200. But based on the number of hits on them, I'd argue he should have gone with at least $250. As soon as he sold them, we went to buy the new ones. The only pair in stock was the floor model so Blake got a 5% discount...and after his little sale wound up getting the new ones for about $450. Pretty good considering that that's about 5 months of gym membership for me.
Sunday, I got up, did my Fit, went to the gym, did the laundry, and went grocery shopping right off the bat. After the grocery store I ate some lunch and then realized it was 2pm and the Humane Society closes at 4, so I wouldn't really have time to go. Boo. I then cleaned the bathroom, mopped the floor, and played some Mario Kart. I think I'm going to take another half day this Friday and go to the Humane Society then. I'm sad that I missed it.
Lots to get done this week and zero motivation. Blah. I have to at least attempt to be productive I think. Maybe just not today. Mondays are hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment