Monday, August 4, 2008

In New Orleans

Lat night, as if God knew that I was already going to have a shitty month, our flight was delayed by an hour and a half and my stomach was killing me. Awesome. But we arrived in New Orleans safely and got to bed around midnight. I didn't get up to go to the gym this morning because we got in late last night, but I'm going to cardio it up once we leave the office today.

The weekend was short, but fun. Friday night, we went to dinner with some work people, and then hosted a Wii party. We played some Rock Band and then some 4-player Mario Kart, which was very fun. Saturday morning we hit the lake so Blake could ski and we could locate a house that he wants to buy. "House" is actually a strong word; since it would be a second home, it is currently a double wide that I would tolerate for a few years and then knock down. But I'm pretty sure we won't be doing that...I'm trying to not get involved in any more joint real estate ventures until we are bound by the laws of marriage. Or at least engaged.

We also did our regular errands Saturday. We won an air mattress from the Teeter for spending $40 there each week for 16 of 18 weeks. This is one of the first giveaways that we actually wanted to win. We could use an air mattress. We also relaxed and played some Wii together.

Sunday I was too lazy to go to the gym, and I had a lot to do before my flight, so I skipped it. I did go to the mall for Tax Free Weekend and get a few sale items at Ann Taylor without paying tax, so that was nice. I also found a travel-size moisturizer with SPF 15 at The Body Shop in the airport, so that was a big score. Basically I had a boring and completely average weekend, but that's what I wanted since I have to be in New Orleans forever.

It's hot here and the client has basically nothing ready for us to work on. I get to leave at lunchtime Friday. Let the countdown begin.

No comments: