Thursday, August 7, 2008

Salad Phase?

I didn't think that going through a salad-craving phase was possible, but I think it has happened. Lately, when we go out to lunch, even when we're at places where there are pizzas and pastas and sandwiches, all I want is a salad. It's making my 'one salad a day' plan pretty easy. It might have something to do with how effing hot it is here in the afternoon. But anyway, today for lunch I had an absolutely delicious salad. I'm pretty pleased with myself actually.

Let's go back to last night now. After work, I did an easy 65 minute cardio walking (uphill walk) and then we went to a brewery for dinner. I didn't get any beer, but I did have a side salad that had dressing that was a homemade beer vinaigrette. It was tasty. I ordered pecan crusted chicken, which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. I swiftly ate the salad and all of the asparagus and then ate only 2/3 of the chicken and about half of the mountain of potatoes. And I avoided dessert. I feel like I did pretty good yesterday.

This morning I got off to a good start by getting up to do 15 minutes of easy cardio (bike) and then lifting. I plan to do another 45 minutes or an hour of cardio after work tonight before I head to dinner. I may go off on my own for dinner tonight because I'm starting to get a bit tired of my travel companions. And this is only week 1 of 4. There's a wine bar that serves tapas and cheese a block from the hotel, so I'm thinking of trying that out. Hopefully I'll like it, because we're staying at the same hotel next week and I could possibly make a return trip.

Last night Blake sent me some pictures of Norman being naughty. Excuse the quality, as they are from his phone.


I get to go back to Charlotte tomorrow! And we might try to get on the 2:30 flight instead of the 4:00...which would be fabulous. Yay!

No comments: