I worked out for a full hour when we got back to the hotel last night, as penance for the entire pizza I ate for lunch. Carrie had selected an off-the-beaten-path Mexican restaurant for dinner, so we set off to the slightly less touristy part of the French Quarter.
As we approached the restaurant there was a sign outside that read "Closed the day and evening of August 4th." And so, New Orleans continues to destroy any plans that we make in an attempt to make it fun. We walked around a bit and settled on Margaritaville, which is a complete tourist haven. We sat in the bar area where there was a blues guitarist playing, so that was slightly more legit than sitting in the main dining area. But it was still sad. The salad I got for dinner, however, was delicious (and I successfully made one meal yesterday a salad, I rule).
We went back to the hotel early-ish because Carrie insists that we'll be out later tonight. If the Gods above don't destroy our plans again at least. I read a bit last night and then was asleep by 10:30. I must have slept weird on my hip though, because it was unhappy this morning.
I was good this morning and got up to do a 15 minute light cardio warmup and then lift. And I had a mostly reasonable breakfast of cheerios, honeydew cubes, OJ, and a very small croissant (sometimes you just need to sample the local fare, right?). We're hitting up a truly delicious Italian place for lunch later and then God knows what for dinner (I think it's going to involve fried chicken though, so the chances of me eating a salad of any kind today are slim). I'd like to get in another hour of cardio between work and dinner tonight, so hopefully that will work out.
It's Tuesday...so even though the week is going slow, I still get to leave here in 3 more days (I'll only get to be home for less than 48 hours before I have to come back though. But it's something).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment