I haven't been great at my salad rule this week. Yesterday I had a half salad/half sandwich combo at lunch. It was a veggie sandwich, but the (delicious) bread was probably a bad idea. Then I had a burrito for dinner. Today I had a calzone for lunch. But I'm considering just going to WINO and eating cheese for dinner, or (even better) just eating a bowl of cereal from the concierge lounge at the hotel and then just going to WINO to drink, so I'm ok with that. If the lounge has skim milk, I'll do cereal...this morning they were out of skim milk and I was unhappy.
I hit the gym yesterday after work and then this morning to lift. I'm going again for cardio when we get home tonight. This week there are definitely more people staying at the hotel and it's lame because the gym is crowded. It's making me angry that I can't get an elliptical whenever I want anymore.
I was still a bit sore this morning from my kettlebell fun on Sunday, but I lifted anyway, and it's true what I've read: if you lift when you're still a bit sore, it does help the soreness go away. I felt better almost immediately afterwards. I was up early enough to do 30 minutes of cardio with my lifting, so tonight I only have to do 45 minutes. Yay!
My travel here has been confirmed: I have to be here both of the next two weeks. Four straight weeks. Let the crankiness ensue. I can't wait to go home. I hope I get to spend some time in Charlotte before I have to leave for another extended period of time. I'm getting really tired of this travel situation.
Random rant and then I'm back to work: I understand how cool it is to watch the Olympics live, but can I say how much I HATE that all of the good stuff is on too late for me to watch? I'm not even going to get to see the gymnastics because I go to sleep at 10. It stinks. I was considering making Blake DVR it, but it's no fun when you already know what happens.
That is all. Sorry I'm so boring when I'm in New Orleans. I'll try to come up with something good to say at some point this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment