Last night, after my run, I wanted a quick and light dinner. We have been noticing the Wine Institute of New Orleans (cleverly shortened to w.i.n.o.) a block from the hotel since last year but we had never quite made it there. Last night was the night.
It is a really cool place that is not only a bar but offers classes year round. The tasting area was like nothing I've ever seen. You go in and start a tab by exchanging your credit card for a w.i.n.o. card that looks like a hotel room key. Then there are all these bottles of wine attached to spouts with prices above them. The price displayed is for a 1oz. tasting portion. When you pick one you want to try, you stick your card in, select a 1, 2, or 4 ounce portion, and stick your glass under the spout. It was really cool because you could try lots of different things, which I did. I tried a Shiraz that was $6 for 1oz! It was delicious. But I definitely didn't need a full 4oz portion of it.
They also have a tapas and cheese selection, so we got some bruschetta and a plate of three delicious cheeses. It wound up being a bit expensive, but that's what per diem is for. We're definitely going back next week (and potentially all following weeks as well). It was awesome.
I wish I could buy bottles of wine and still carry my luggage on the plane. Boo.
It's Friday, so we're leaving the office at lunch to head back to Charlotte for the weekend. Yay! We have to come back Sunday night, so the weekend will be short. I'll be attending Carrie's going away party Saturday afternoon/evening, so I won't have much extra time, but I did all of my required cardio this week, so all I have to do is lift once to meet my quota this week...which means I can avoid the gym. I'm also going to bake something for the party and do a lot of cleaning around the house. Good times. Hope you all have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment