Hello from my short weekend! I'm getting ready to make dinner now and then head back to the airport (boooo), but I thought I'd check in first. The weekend started off wonderfully. When we got to the airport Friday, they were just boarding the flight before ours, so we decided to ask if there were any extra seats and there were! So we got home at 5:30 instead of 7:00. Which is fabulous. I came home, ate some cereal real quick, and then baked two kinds of cookies for Carrie's party. It was fabulous to be home and be able to cook.
Saturday we did our regular errands and then headed to Carrie's. There were some outdoor games and Rock Band was all set up and everything. It was good times. Lots of Rock Band was played, fried chicken was eaten, and fun was had. Blake got retarded drunk, of course. When we got home, I went to put Rock Band away and I opened the coat closet and Norman ran out. Blake had locked him in there before we left accidentally. He was in there for like 8 hours, the poor thing. It looked like all he did was sleep though. He wasn't even crying to escape when we got back. If I hadn't have gone to put Rock Band away, he would have been in there all night!
Blake gave him a bunch of treats and then passed out on the floor in the den. I tried a little bit to get him to come to bed, but when he's that drunk he's horrible to sleep with because he sprawls across the middle of the bed and snores all night. So I covered him up with a blanket and went to bed alone. He came in around 7am, when the worst of the snoring was behind him. Not too bad.
We were super lazy today. We watched a lot of Olympics because I enjoy them. I also did my mandatory cleaning and laundry and packed up to leave again. I'm about to make some pizza for dinner, so that should be tasty. I wish the weekend was a bit longer, but all in all it wasn't too bad.
At the party, one of Carrie's roommates had her two 8 month old pocket beagles there. And they were just the cutest dogs ever. I grew up with beagles, so I was especially obsessed with them. They were ridiculously well behaved, considering how miserable the beagle that my sister has right now is. One of them slept on my lap for an hour. They were awesome. I normally do not condone paying lots of money for dogs because there are so many homeless ones at the Humane Society, but I may have to go against my morals and get one of these (if I had $1000 to spend on a dog and I didn't think the cats would eat him at least). If any of you are interested, she got them at from a breeder in Ohio (metropocketbeagles.com).
I don't know for sure whether we'll be going back to New Orleans the week after next yet; hopefully we'll get a week back in Charlotte so that I can have a real weekend next week and get to have a normal week at home. But I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. All of this traveling is making me cranky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment