However, I am taking the day off today, so that makes things more tolerable than if I was at work right now. I've been chillin and reading and giving myself a pedicure all morning, and I'm getting ready to hit the mall this afternoon. I get into serious shopping moods always around the end of the summer and Christmastime. And it's not helping that I've been receiving all sorts of coupons in the mail. I'm heading out today with 25% off Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft, 30% off at Banana Republic, 20% off at The Gap, and 10% off at Dick's Sporting Goods. It's going to take considerable energy to restrain myself. Shopping always makes me feel better when I have to move to strange cities for months at a time.
Of course, what I really want to buy I don't have coupons for: shoes. I think I want a pair of those black bootie looking things to be worn with skirts and stockings. I also think it's high time I got myself a pair of comfortable flats...the Coach ones that I currently have are more uncomfortable that most of the stilettoes I own. Yesterday I may have ordered a crazy expensive pair of Ugg high boots because I've been looking at them for almost a year and they're discontinuing them in black, which is what I've been wanting. So I got myself a gift. Look how pretty:

I also saw these adorable black flats. At $120 they're a bit steep, but you KNOW they're comfortable as crap because they have sheepskin all up in them. I won't buy them without trying them on though, because I have no idea what size I would need. I'm going to stop by Nordstrom's today and see if they have them.

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: I love Uggs. They're just so damn comfortable. There are two important things to know if you want to buy Uggs.
- If you are buying the Classic Short Uggs, which are my standby for walking to work in the winter, and you wear a women's size 7.5 or smaller, get the kids size. A kids size 3 = a womens 5-5.5, kids 4 = womens 6-6.5, and kids 5 = womens 7-7.5. They run big, so if you have narrow feet, go down a size. The kids model is $35 cheaper than the womens, it's only 1/4 of an inch shorter, AND the toe region is less wide, so they don't make your feet look huge. I've never tried this theory with the Classic Tall model, because I'm afraid of how much shorter the kids version would be.
- If you know what you want, I'd encourage you to shop at http://www.cozyboots.com/. The prices are the same as the Ugg website, but they pay the sales tax for you AND they have free shipping. If you order something that is in stock, it ships the same day. I've made many purchases from them and they are fabulous.
I also need to make a stop at Sephora because I'm low on foundation. And I've been reading a lot of magazines lately due to all of the flying, and I keep reading that this new Givenchy mascara is the best thing to ever happen to eye makeup, so I may try it out. I am very loyal to most of my makeup, but I've never found a mascara worthy of it's pricetag, so I use Maybelline Great Lash like everyone else in the world. It is $4 at Target. Depending on how much money I spend elsewhere, I may give this new stuff a try. It costs about 7 times what my normal mascara does, but I'll try anything once.
Well I'm off to finish watching The Price is Right, shower, return some library books, and then hit the mall hardcore style. I love not working. It is fantastic. Look forward to some kick ass shopping posts in the very near future.

No comments:
Post a Comment